Monday, February 19, 2007


Mr. Children: Sign [OraNge DaYs OST]

Artist: Mr. Children
Title: Sign
Words: Sakurai Kazutoshi
Music: Sakurai Kazutoshi

todoitekureru to ii na
I wish this would reach you
kimi no wakannai tokoro de boku mo ima kanadeteru yo
you don't realize it, but I'm playing right now
sodatanai de shioireteta shinme mitai na omoi wo
like a flower that wilts as a sprout never having a chance to grow
futatsu kasanete narasu ha-moni-
put these two notes together and they make one harmony.

'arigatou' to 'gomen ne' wo kurikaeshite bokura
'thank you', 'sorry' over and over again
hitokoishisa wo tsumiki mitai ni noseteyuku
we're placing our need for others one atop another like blocks

arifureta jikan ga itoshiku omoetara
when I thought about how dear the quiet hours were
sore ha 'ai no shiwaza' to chiisaku waratta
I laughed a bit, that it was "love's doing"
kimi ga miseru shigusa boku ni mukerareteru sain
the gestures you showed me, signs directed at me
mou nani hitotsu miotosanai
I won't overlook a single one ever again
sonna koto kangaeteiru
that's what I'm thinking

tama ni mutonjyaku na kotoba de yogoshiatte
once in a while we soil eachother with thoughtless words
tagai no mijyukusa ni iyake ga sasu
and we both tire of the immaturity
demo itsuka ha hadaka ni nari amai taion ni furete
but one day we'll get naked, feel the sweet body heat,
yasashisa wo misetsukeau
and show each other some kindness.

niteru kedo dokoka chigau dakedo onaji nioi
we're similar but somehow different, but we smell the same
karada demo kokoro demo naku aishiteiru
not merely body nor soul, I love you.

wazuka datte akari ga kokoro ni tomoru nara
if even the smallest of lights glows in our hearts
taisetsu ni shinakya to bokura ha chikatta
we swore to treasure it
meguriatta subete no mono kara okurareru sain
the signs that come from all those things we come across
mou nani hitotsu minogasanai
we won't miss a single one ever again
sou yatte kurashiteyukou
let's live our lives this way.

ryokudou no komorebi ga kimi ni atatte yureru
the light cast through the trees on the walking path hits you and sways
jikan no utsukushisa to zankokusa wo shiru
I learn both the beauty and cruelty of time

nokosareta jikan ga bokura ni ha aru kara
we still have time left
taisetsu ni shinakya to chiisaku waratta
I laughed a bit, that 'we must treasure it'
kimi ga miseru shigusa boku wo tsuyoku saseru sain
the gestures you show me, signs to make me strong
mou nani hitotsu miotosanai
I won't overlook a single one ever again
sou yatte kurashiteyukou
I'll live my life this way
sonna koto wo kanagaeteiru
that's what I'm thinking.

Translated By: Brian Stewart & Takako Sakuma




No comments: